Hi there,

we are in the situation of choosing one persistence framework for a J2EE
project. The finalists are Hibernate and Apache's OJB, not necesarily in
this order. Can you give me some hints about what OJB does better and (if
possible) what does worse ;)

My first impression is that Hibernate is easier to work with. So from this
point of view Hibernate is the winner. Also considering the documentation,
the one for Hibernate is more intuitive and more complete, the one for OJB
seems(is) unfinished.

But I was wondering if there are any "hidden" things such caches,
transactions, locking or any other performance issues which work better on
one of the 2 tools.

Unfortunatelly the time is short and we do not have time to test too much.

Thanks for your feedback,

Florin