the EOF is the cause on the client (RemoteImpl client)
the resulting exception is a LockRuntimeException("Cannot remove write lock
for... throw by releaseLock method.

I'm not running a mass test, only a single one. One server, one client.

I will run some tests today too.

--- StackTRace loooks libe this

LockRuntimeException("Cannot remove write lock for...
RemoteImpl.releaseLock...
my call for WRITE lock.

----- and then

Caused by: java.io.EOFException

at java.io.ObjectInputStream$PeekInputStream.readFully(
ObjectInputStream.java:2165)

at java.io.ObjectInputStream$BlockDataInputStream.readShort(
ObjectInputStream.java:2634)

at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readStreamHeader(ObjectInputStream.java:734)

at java.io.ObjectInputStream.<init>(ObjectInputStream.java:253)

at org.apache.ojb.broker.locking.LockManagerRemoteImpl.performRequestObject
(LockManagerRemoteImpl.java:383)

at org.apache.ojb.broker.locking.LockManagerRemoteImpl.performRequest(
LockManagerRemoteImpl.java:335)

at org.apache.ojb.broker.locking.LockManagerRemoteImpl.releaseLock(
LockManagerRemoteImpl.java:193)

... 41 more

On 9/29/06, Armin Waibel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Bruno CROS wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I updated from SVN LockManagerFactory and configure is well called now,
> thanks.
>
> the EOFException still remains, it seems there is a problem with
> serialization of LockInfo and HttpObjectStream.

Is EOFException the root exception?

I can reproduce a similar (windows specific) problem when running a mass
lock test. On the server side I get
java.io.EOFException
        at
java.io.ObjectInputStream$PeekInputStream.readFully(ObjectInputStream.java
:2228)
        at
java.io.ObjectInputStream$BlockDataInputStream.readShort(
ObjectInputStream.java:2694)

But the real issue is caused on the client side
java.net.BindException: Address already in use: connect
       at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:305)

Is this the same behavior you mentioned?