Bruno CROS wrote:
Thanks.

I was running servlet under same JVM as the application. So
LockManagerInMemoryImp couldn't instatiate in servlet configure.

Once I did 2 servers. I had to upgrade 3 files to get it work :

- LockManagerRemoteImpl
- LockManagerServlet (working with Remote)
- And so LockManagerInMemoryImpl.

Now it's working. ouf.

yeah!

The question now is : Updates are slower, but how much ? it seems to be x10
slower.

I had to measure my batches and the mass load tests but can you tell me if
there is some setup to get faster? What i'm asking is that : Are 2 servers
with remote , faster than a big one with InMemory. Depends on
application...yes. But what do you think about that ?

The current distributed lock implementation isn't optimal (servlet based on single node). A JavaGroups-based LockManager implementation should be much faster (but is missed ;-)). I would recommend to run OJB on a single server with InMemory locking. Alternative you could to try minimize the classes using pessimistic locking and use optimistic locking for all uncritical (less concurrent modified) classes (this would reduce the pessimistic locking throughput). The real bottleneck is (normally) the DB-server, so a big DB-server with big cache and a fast network is the most important thing to adjust performance.

If you start load tests you could also try to test performance of upcoming 1.0.5 (simply check out SVN OJB_1_0_RELEASE branch and call 'ant jar' to build the OJB jar and 'ant junit' to run OJB test-suite to see failures of open issues) and compare the result with 1.0.4.
The fixed issues and improvements for 1.0.5 can be found here:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/db/ojb/branches/OJB_1_0_RELEASE/release-notes.txt?view=markup

Best regards.

Bruno