Quoting Lee Passey <l...@novomail.net>:

> 4. Compare http://openlibrary.org/books/OL7051625M.rdf to
> http://openlibrary.org/books/OL7051625M.json. You will note that the
> JSON record contains references to the source text at Internet Archive,
> which the RDF does not. It also contains a certain amount of
> "administratrivia" (revision numbers, creation date, cover ids) that the
> RDF also does not possess.

Just to let you know that we're aware that the books RDF is over a
year old and has yet to be updated to the new format. It's on my task
list, and I hope to get to it soon.

> Remember, the actual data for any edition, work, or author is stored in
> the JSON record. You cannot hope to look at the web presentation and be
> assured in any way that you are seeing all the data; you must look at
> the JSON record itself.

Yes, the JSON record is essentially a dump from the database; the RDF
record has to be constructed. There are pluses and minuses -- the JSON
record is "complete" in a sense, but can't contain, for example, full
URIs where the data stored is a relative path. It's up to users which
format they prefer, depending on their needs.

kc

Karen Coyle
kco...@kcoyle.net http://kcoyle.net
ph: 1-510-540-7596