(Note: I'm blatantly stealing large sections of text below from Phil)

There were modifications made in response to the concerns/issues raised
at/related-to ONS-NA., This was publicly discussed at the LFN-TAC face to face
meeting at ONS and there was no negative feedback coming from either the TAC or
community members during the discussion.  Changes that would be implemented for
ONS-Europe are:

Addressing the complaint that Project specific papers were all rejected by the
ONS program committee:  the length of ONS would be extended to allow for
additional sessions focused on open source networking projects, their new
and/or interesting features, and how users can take advantage of those features.

Addressing the complaint of high registration fees impacting attendance:  any
developer forums are to be completely decoupled from the ONS event; LFN
projects would not be forced to hold their developer forums there, however if a
community desires to have a developer forum coincident with an ONS they are
welcome to do so, but not at the ONS venue. This model allows the Project to
have free registration for participants, the goal being to get as many
developers there as possible

To cite an example, the ODL technical community will hold their next DDF
(Developer Design Forum) coincident with ONS Europe because it aligns well to
their release schedule and planning.  ODL's event will not be located in the
same venue as ONS, but instead will be located at a different venue nearby,
that is much less expensive than the ONS venue.

For ONAP and OPNFV on the other hand, our summer/winter release cycles don't
align to ONS's spring/fall dates.   We had out developer event in June in China
and OPNFV also had their event (Plugfest) in June in France.   For both
Projects their next Developer Event is targeted for Nov/Dev (likely in the
U.S.).  If we can find a venue that can hold both the ONAP and OPNFV
Communities, we'll put these two together.  If we can't, then they will be
separate events.

All of that said, if the ONAP TSC wants to have a full-blown Developer Event in
Amsterdam, we are running way behind.  From my perspective hosting such an
event does not make sense for us. It is the week after Casablanca Code Freeze
and pretty much I believe that most teams will want to be heads-down doing work.

If the desire is for something like an all-day TSC F2F meeting (TSC members,
Subcommittee Chairs & Community Coordinators), in a small venue near ONS, with
remote access of course, then we are still OK for time, provided that a
decision is made quickly.  From my perspective something like that would be
highly beneficial as it provides an opportunity for the newly elected TSC to
get acquainted and dig into the business of running ONAP.

Hope that helps to clarify.

Thanks!

-kenny