On Sun, Aug 14, 2011 at 4:14 PM, drew <d...@baseanswers.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 2011-08-14 at 09:07 -0400, Rob Weir wrote:
>
>> Or is this something that could be moved to apache-extras.org ?
>
> Hola Rob,
>
> We would get slammed with license issues, wouldn't we?
> - at least that is what I think. If we are on non-apache servers, then
> dishing up the broader license mix is acceptable is the take I get from
> what I've read so far, but on ASF hardware...nope. (*smile* - then again
> could be 100% mistaken there.)

You've got the gist of it :-)

But apache-extras is actually Google hardware, and exists explicitly
to support extensions and add-on pieces that, for whatever reason,
don't belong on Apache hardware. One of the potential reasons being,
of course, the license :-)

http://community.apache.org/apache-extras/faq.html

Noirin