--- Gio 12/1/12, Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org> ha scritto:

> > I hate to make developer's life difficult but, from
> > what is known, no Apache Project seems to be carrying
> > Category B software in their repositories (feel free
> > to prove me wrong). Not that it's a new problem, just
> > something we will have to think about.
> >

> It is a service to downstream consumers.  Just as we
> aggregate licenses and notices to make it easier for
> them, we also aggregate the optional category-b code
> tarballs.

It is actually a disservice. Some of those tarballs are
obsolete and carry known security risks.

> Also, the MPL license requires that we make our modified
> files available electronically for 12 months.

Thank you for pointing this out.
This sounds pretty much unacceptable for Apache policies
and a good reason to avoid carrying such code in our
repository.

> So I don't see a problem here, so long as we:

I do see a problem and unless some higher power from
legal@ OKs it, my vote for a release or project
graduation will be -1 (binding), on the basis that
if we do this once we will likely be perpetuating
such practice in all releases.

Pedro.