Am Freitag, 13. Januar 2012 schrieb Pedro Giffuni <p...@apache.org>:
> --- Ven 13/1/12, Jürgen Schmidt ha scritto:
>>
>> well that is a valid point that comes into my mind as well
>> when I have read the mails and thought a little bit longer.
>>
>> If that is the only reason than we can move it besides
>> trunk. But that is a technical solution only and it doesn't
>> solve the underlying problem.
>>
>> And what is more important we can't exchange everything now
>> and we can't remove all the features that depends on this
>> category-b stuff. Otherwise the office is no longer useable
>> and we can stop here or can kill the project directly.
>>

> I am only asking for the technical solution. I think we
> have discussed sufficiently that replacing this stuff
> is possible but will take time.
>
> I am also not setting any time frame for moving those files.
> beyond that we should do it somewhen before release.
>

>> The whole discussion is not really motivating for project
>> members and of course does not really promote the Apache way
>> or the ASF in general.
>>

> I agree it's not very motivating but in my defense it was
> something that had to be discussed sooner better than later.
>

>> So we always have to take Windows into account and on
>> Windows you don't have system libraries for this stuff.
>>

> We can do packages of this stuff. It will even save time
> from building over and over again the same stuff.

I would prefer to build it where possible.

>> So please come back to reality.
>>

>> Juergen
>>
>> PS who will go demotivated into the weekend
>>

> OK, this is something I really didn't intend. This was
> meant to be discussed on a strictly technical level
> without demotivating developers or calling "bloody
> murder" on the project.

I don't have a problem with your mail I simply thought wr had solved this.
At least in a way that is not optimal but aligned with Apache.

What makes me crazy was the style of the discussion. I don't like it to
play with words, phrasing and persnicketiness. As a non native speaker I
can only loose here 😉

> I hereby drop *any* claim that we may not be complying
> with any relevant policy. Also to give full assurance
> that I will not be problem to the project I will be
> stepping down from the PPMC so my vote will not be
> binding: I am really only interested in technical
> discussions anyway.
Please don't do that your input is always highly appreciated. But it's
simply hard to follow policies that are not written down exactly.

So again my comment has nothing to do with your person, or the topic you
wanted to address. It's simply the style of the communication.

Juergen.