On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 9:52 AM, Claudio Filho <filh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> 2012/5/1 Albino Biasutti Neto <biasut...@gmail.com>:
>> Alessandro, what think edit page G+ for AOOBr ?
>> As we have an official page in G+, but not yet have the Brazil.
>
> Very good, Albino. For brazilian profile is essential this social
> networks.  I think that you can do for pt-BR in Twitter and Identi.ca
> too. I can "help" you as admin of them.
>
> @Rob, do you see some problem with this? I trust in Albino, and he
> works with me in our localization.

A few things to consider:

1) Do we have a ooo-geral-ptbr mailing list set up already?  If not,
I'd recommend starting with that.  Having a strong pt_br presence in
the project, to support translation, marketing, communications and
user support is critical.   That becomes the base that supports a
successful social media campaign.

2) If we do have the mailing list set up already, then I'd recommend
discussing the social media question there as well.

3)  If Albino (or any other contributor) is trusted and is actively
contributing to the project, then we should ask whether their project
role should reflect that level of contribution.  In other words, the
goal is not to put PPMC responsibilities to non-PPMC members.  But the
goal is to turn those volunteers who take on additional
responsibilities into PPMC members.  See the difference?

4) Personally, I think we want the social media accounts to be
accountable/answerable to the PPMC.  Having them run by active PPMC
members is one way.  There may be other ways.  But again back to #3
above.

-Rob