Hi,

RGB ES wrote:
> 2012/5/5 Albino Biasutti Neto <biasut...@gmail.com>:
>> Hi.
>>
>> We have to focus on end users, and seek feedback to research, created
>> polls, and others.
>>
>> We need to get statistics AOO.
>>
>> Best,
>> Albino
>
> Before that, we need to define who our end users are. We need a set of
> "ideal users" with clear needs: students who do their homework,
> independent writers that use on-line publishing systems, small
> companies that need to create an invoice or maintain a database of
> supplies...

I'm curious... are you dismissing the vast numbers who were using OOo? Briefly,
more than 95 percent of downloads from the mirrors were Windows users. But
major deployments were almost entirely in the public sector. Some of the more
obvious were listed here [0], but the page is out of date.

> All those groups have different needs, and the right answer for one
> group could be a problem for the others.

I think that, as was suggested, an effective modus operandi is to work with the
NL groups. For instance, there might be public sector or private needs for
accessibility features. We here may not have the people to do that but we (an
extended we at this point) can work with those wanting it to find the
developers....

louis

[0] http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Major_OpenOffice.org_Deployments