On Mon, 21 May 2012 21:37:54 -0400
Shane Curcuru <a...@shanecurcuru.org> wrote:

> Since this question is coming up much much more now that we have AOO, I
> figured we need an official URL and resource to point to when people ask.
>
>    http://www.apache.org/free
>
> Any glaring errors?  Anything I should add, or express more clearly?
>
> The immediate driver for this as a memorable URL is the AOO podling,
> since you clearly have the greatest need (with the huge non-technical
> user base).  Is there anything in particular we should consider adding
> to address AOO or OOo users specifically?
>
> - Shane

The Project list might benefit from a few explanatory words attached to each
Project name, as these names can be rather esoteric; remember we are not
preaching to the converted who know Apache software is free, but to a puzzled
stranger.

As this request for review is posted on an OpenOffice list, I remark that the
presence of OpenOffice is not readily apparent.  I have not statistics before
me of uptake of all Apache projects, but I would expect that OpenOffice
(although Incubating) is or shortly will be among the front runners and
deserves a presence.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>