On Jul 16, 2012, at 3:37 PM, Kay Schenk wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 12:17 AM, Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com
>> wrote:

>>> I would agree with you - perhaps it could be as simple as a link to the
>>> current donation instructions:
>>> http://apache.org/foundation/contributing.html#Paypal
>>
>> yes or using the PayPal button directly with a one sentence explanation.
>>
>> A prominent place for the button on all our pages.
>>
>> Juergen
>>

> Well an interesting and challenging idea. ALL our pages...do mean this
> literally?
>
> Does anyone have any ideas?

On the footer or banner it is easy to do - simply change either of these.

ooo-site/trunk/templates/brand.html
ooo-site/trunk/templates/footer.html

On Navigators:

ooo-site/trunk/content/topnav.mdtext

Plus any NL versions.

If we go anywhere besides http://www.apache.org/foundation/contributing.html

        with or without the #Paypal hash tag.

Then it needs to be a page that points to that link.

> Right now, on the main web site, we have "Develop" as a tab. Would  we be
> better making this "Get Involved" where it goes back to the project web
> site, and make "Donations" more visible on that page? Currently, its a left
> nav item way toward the bottom.
>
> I don't have any ideas for the wiki or forums.

If we make the button as part of the footer then we can follow what is done for
the site.

Regards,
Dave