On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 7:39 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net> wrote:

> On Jul 17, 2012, at 4:27 PM, drew wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 2012-07-17 at 14:03 -0700, Kay Schenk wrote:
>>> On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 12:51 AM, Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com

>>> yep! not bad actually... :) Why don't we go ahead with this? It's fine for
>>> now.
>>>

>> That's great - more to do, but +1 from me to just make that the footer
>> for the oo.o site... and I see it is..Excellent!
>>
>> So leaves forums and the wiki - same treatment for now?
>
> I think so. We are going to an acceptable page. The only question is whether
> or not to include the "Paypal" hash tag, It is used now.

This is really a bad location in terms of visibility.  How do I know?
 Because Google Analytics tracks screen resolution for incoming
requests (it is part of standard HTTP request header metadata).  It
then has a report where it will show you how much of any given page
can be seen by what % of your users without scrolling.  For the home
page, fewer than 10% of the users can see that footer without
scrolling.   Since every normal action on the page is above that mark,
users have no reason to scroll down to see this link.

In any case we can look at this again after graduation.