On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 3:51 AM, Jürgen Schmidt
<jogischm...@googlemail.com> wrote:

<snip>

> I think if we really want to promote the donation possibility it have to
> be more prominent and I agree to Rob that the upper right corner would
> be perfect.
>
> I would prefer a donation button that either goes to a PayPal page
> directly or a separate page where we give some more background why
> donations to Apache helps AOO. Here we can link to the the Apache
> donation page as well where people can find bank information for other
> donation channels.

We should try to avoid having too many links for the user to navigate.
 So maybe a prominent button on header that takes it to an
AOO-specific donation page, and that page then has the Paypal button.
That allows us to distinguish contributions from AOO users versus
other Apache contributions.  Of course, it all goes into the same
fund, but I think it is good to be able to measure the effectiveness
of our efforts.

The other thing PayPal allows is a "thank you" page that it directs to
after the donation.  So we should have a landing page for that.  That