On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 6:37 PM, Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 12:17 AM, Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com
>> wrote:

>> > I would agree with you - perhaps it could be as simple as a link to the
>> > current donation instructions:
>> > http://apache.org/foundation/contributing.html#Paypal
>>
>> yes or using the PayPal button directly with a one sentence explanation.
>>
>> A prominent place for the button on all our pages.
>>
>> Juergen
>>

> Well an interesting and challenging idea. ALL our pages...do mean this
> literally?
>
> Does anyone have any ideas?

It should be possible to do this via an addition to the header or
footer.  A prominent place would be the upper right, maybe where we
currently have the Incubator logo.

But I'd recommend raising the idea with V.P., Fundraising.   My
impression was the ASF is more geared to receiving larger
contributions.  Although receiving 10,000 donations of 10 euros would
be significant, I imagine it would increase bookkeeping work, and I
wouldn't want to flood anyone unless they were prepared for this.

So maybe a note to Fundraising@ is in order?

-Rob