On Sunday 01 April 2012 01:57, Rob Weir wrote:
> What do you think?   What is the purpose of this ooo-users list
> compared to the support forums?  On some project communications we
> advertise both as equal support avenues for users to raise
> problems.  Is that what we should be doing?  In other words, what
> is the purpose of this list and how do we make that clear to users?

Personally i detest using forums. As an individual i am basically lazy
and a push method works for me much better than a pull one. Both have
there place. Many find email a good way to contribute back to the
community with the same support option available to us if needed. If
the mailing list is only retained for Beta Testing purposes i would
still be subscribed. It remains a useful method for squashing less
complex issues, "where has 'File - Page Setup' gone", without the
requirement to appeal direct to developers. The RFE/ bug reporting
channel can then be sufficiently complex to prevent many of the
nuisance reports.

Take note Joomla! community!

--
Michael