Hoot, Joseph wrote:
> it was for OiS 871 code prior to RHEL 5.4 release (not sure if the
> release include it or not).  I'm not sure who came up with it.  I was
> working with Don Williams from Dell EqualLogic.  He got ahold of it
> somehow.  I applied it and it seemed to improve things.

Ah ok. I think it was the patch I sent to Don.

If you just used 871 without the patch (or what is in the stock RHEL 5.4
kernel) does it work ok? There were a couple changes from 868 to 871
that I thought would also fix the problem, so I was waiting for Don and
them to retest just 871 and get back to me.