On 29/05/2012 17:17, Geoff Hutchison wrote:
>> Is there some timeline for the release, or just usual "coming soon"?
>
> I think there needs to be a 2.3.x release really soon. I'm waiting to see
> some resolution on Craig/Noel's discussions about stereochem issues.
>
>> Could it be possible to move on with the switch if it is not happening
>> within a month?
>
> I'm OK with this. Right now, I'd prefer to see if Noel and Chris have time
> concerns, since most of the other developers would prefer Git.
>
> I think GitHub would also offer SVN access:
> https://github.com/blog/626-announcing-svn-support
> https://github.com/blog/966-improved-subversion-client-support

I can see that Git is popular and perhaps more versatile. My personal
concern is having to learn new ways of doing things, but this is not a
good reason for objecting.

> I'd want to do a very careful migration, since preserving usernames,
branches, and tags are highly important. That means it might be a few
weeks before I have the free time to do that. If people are OK with
June ~15, we can set that as a Git migration date.

There are issues with the Windows build, new and parked from the last
release, which need sorting out. There are a lot of patches to be worked
through. I would also like to add the format to access to the NIST
resolver, but the build on this will probably not be straightforward.
I've got commitments on another project in the next two weeks. Could the
target date for a 2.3.2 release be put back to June 29, with the Git
migration after that?

Chris