on 1/4/00 5:07 AM, Scott Raney at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> On Fri, 31 Mar 2000 Adrian Sutton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Adrian: More news from the SourceForge front with a FreeCard-announce mailing
>> list now being fully active.  You can subscribe to it by visiting:
>>
>> Adrian: Or send an email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> with
>> 'help' as the subject or in the body to get instructions on how to subscribe
>> by
>> email.
>
> So does this mean that the opencard and ufp mailing lists currently
> hosted at metacard.com will be moved to lists.sourceforge.net?  Is
> there anything I can do to help?  Would anyone have any objection to
> my just turning the membership lists for these two to Adrian?

Adrian: We will be doing that eventually I'd anticipate.  If you don't mind
supporting us for just a bit longer that will give us the chance to iron out
any problems with my MailMan setup techniques.

> The only concern I'd have is that it's important to offer a digest
> version of any list you create.  Does lists.sourceforge.net support
> this?

Adrian: Yes, it does.  It offers about every feature I can imagine in a
mailing list.

> Regards,
> Scott
>
> PS: Can't say that I'll miss them: maintaining the opencard list is
> about an order of magnitude more trouble than the much larger xtalk
> list because you all seem to move around so much more often.

Adrian: Yes, and I'm sure we will come to appreciate the flexibility we
gain.

Adrian Sutton

Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]                    Ph: 3714 4649
Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.
        -- Mark Twain.