Hi

Any implementer should be aware of the fact that any un-published archetype is
not stable, and might change both name, ID and have dramatic changes in scope
and elements. To use those is risky.

Ad soon as the archetype is published,  a strong governance is put into work.
You will find:

A) Patches (marked 1.0.x) for changes of less importance (wording, typos,
adding a new language, etc)

B) Minor changes (marked 1.x.0) for, well, minor changes as adding an element,
allow multiple occurences where there used to be i.e. 0..1, etc. Never the
opposite!

C) Major changes, as breaking changes. Removing elements, splitting the
archetype into two or more, constraining occurences, etc. This will always lead
to a new version (X.0.0) and be republished.

There was a mistake by allowing un-published archetypes as v. 1.0.0 and it was
fixed some years ago. But they were clearly marked as Draft status even as v1
before the change.

If there is a need for changing any archetype, use the Change request option in
the CKM. If nobody does that, how are the editors supposed to know that that
particular archetype is (or might be) no longer be fit for purpose?

If you miss any old archetype, you will find it by searching also for status
'depricated' by ticking that status in search options.

Hope this was helpful.

Kind regards,  Vebjørn Arntzen

Sendt fra min Samsung-enhet