Ian, just a bit faster then me, asking the same question.
Thanks, Rong, for the good news

Except from the persistence layer, there are lot more needs. But all at
its own time.

Rongs message revives for me the hope that implementation is an option
for the near future.

Ian says a relational DB is not an option, that is bad news,  for me, I
prefer a relational DB, if possible,
The advantage of a Relational DB is that they are technical much more
mature, and there are many good products available, and if you write
your persistence-layer well, .... Anyway, it is possible to abstract the
persistence-layer to a vendor and technique independent layer. Changing
the DB is then, just a question of writing a few classes. even is it
possible to use an object-database below that layer.
I hope Rong can tell us something more, because he announces in his
message, he a persistence-layer-solution for OpenEhr.

I do not know if it is useable in OpenEhr context, but I like the ideas
of Scott W. Ambler, he wrote a paper about
persistence-layers:http://www.ambysoft.com/downloads/persistenceLayer.pdf

But besides the persistence-layer, the GUI is important, how does it
connect to the kernel? I wonder.
Really good news, I hope we will learn more.

In fact, that will be the whole thing, the rest is proven technology,
isn't it?

regards
bert verhees