I believe that Mr. (Dr.?) Ian McNicholl is refering specifically to the fact
that implementing an EHR system solely using a relational DB is what won't
work. I believe he's not refering to the whole concept of OpenEHR, but just
to the fact that using a traditional relational system to store information
in the form of just text and make queries using one person's social security
number or another means of identification is what is being dismissed as a
practical solution to the problem of sharing a patient's medical
information. In fact, Mr. Nicholls doubts that a single, unified system is
even achievable, and that in Scotland they need just that: a single EHR for
the whole
country across all specialities.

Correct me if I'm wrong, please, Mr. Nicholls. But the OpenEHR is clearly a
step in the right direction.

Cheers,

JV