On 25-01-18 11:03, Sebastian Garde wrote:

Hi Silje,

I think this may ‘just’ be a modelling tooling issue, openEHR itself supports this ok.

Speaking for CKM, if you upload an archetype with this to CKM, it should validate the UCUM unit correctly for [arb'U]{whatever}.

However, [arb‘*u*]{whatever} or similar is (very slightly) incorrect in my understanding:

 1. Use the completely vertical ' not ‘ or similar (at least that is
    my understanding).
 2. openEHR uses (implicitly I think, but it may be hidden somewhere
    in the spec), the case-sensitive version of UCUM – therefore the U
    needs to be upper case, see e.g.
    http://unitsofmeasure.org/ucum.html#para-45

As far as I know, Sebastian, OpenEhr does not use UCUM but it uses many unit-strings which also are defined in UCUM, but has these strings for OpenEhr-use listed in an own terminology-list. This list needs to be maintained separately by the OpenEHR community. There is no validation defined directly to the UCUM-services. If it would, not only use the stringified units of UCUM, but also would incorporate UCUM-defined functionality, it would also have, for example, conversion routines from UCUM, which are usable for software defined in the UCUM essence-file.

There could be some RM redesign, as Thomas also hinted (on this subject today) by using the UCUM-ordering of unit-strings to properties like "pressure", "energy", etc and define DvQuantity so that archetypes could constrain these properties instead of constraining the stringified units.

Best regards
Bert Verhees