A Divendres, 22 de gener de 2010, Joël Grand-Guillaume va escriure:
> For the good of all, Tiny must keep the lead on the main branch, saving
>  time for everyone. Having our own branch here @ Camptocamp cost us time
>  and money. Could be much better for everyone if we could avoid that !

snip

> P.S. May be a community branch is better than 6 "partners" branches if Tiny
>  won't change something....

This is the question. I think we all agree that main branch should be much
more stable and mantained by Tiny with quality processes. Even more, this
thread is full of suggestions and good ideas of what Tiny should do. But
reality is Tiny doesn't even have the time to answer to a thread that is
located in the "leaders" mailing list.

I'm not sure if Tiny needs a leader mailing list to tell them what to do, or
to improve things as much as they can. If one community branch is really
better than 6 partners, maybe that's a start...

> Le 21 janv. 2010 à 11:34, Albert Cervera i Areny a écrit :
> > A Dijous, 21 de gener de 2010, Jan Verlaan - Veritos va escriure:
> >> I do mostly agree with P. Christeas,
> >>
> >> It would be outrageous to have a official stable release and a community
> >> maintained "super-stable" release.
> >> Here also we would run into troubles when Tiny doesn't accept (a part
> >> of) our super-stable release merged into the official stable release.
> >> From marketing perspective we have a issue too, which release to choose
> >> for implementations? The official or the community version?
> >> making a differentiation here is the first step in a forking cycle, it
> >> is just waiting for the next step.
> >>
> >> So it would be better to have a tough discussion with Tiny how to
> >> overcome the problems we face as a community. There must be a way where
> >> we can work together on the same stable version. It is of both interest.
> >> If it's not of interest of Tiny, then we have an serious issue and the
> >> discussion about maintaining a own branch is legitimated. But actually
> >> that is called forking, isn't it? We just name it different!
> >>
> >> Hope Tiny will jump in in this discussion.
> >
> > I just wanted to say that I share your worries. At the same time we don't
> > want a "community branch" because it could become a "community fork", but
> > currently there are "lots of individual branches" (Raphaël made a list of
> > them). Maybe a community branch could avoid many of those branches....
> > (again I'm not sure about that).

Albert Cervera i Areny
http://www.NaN-tic.com
Mòbil: +34 669 40 40 18