Has someone asked Tiny already to let the community commit their fixes into the so called "stable" which is actually un-stable? Just to legitimate that we have no other choice then to branch to a new community bugfix-release. I'm a little bit worried about the consequences it could have, like that we could slowly walk away from the "stable" branch and couldn't merge back again. Referring to the problem Tiny itself had 3 months ago to merge the stable back into trunk.

Regards,
Jan verlaan

Niels Huylebroeck schreef:
Albert Cervera i Areny wrote:
It's not a discussion on *how* something should be solved. It's simply that Tiny does not have enough resources to fix things we all agree on how should be fixed.

My personal experience with Tiny is more of the sense that even if you fix it yourself (and after peer community review) it's still a hassle to get it accepted as Tiny indeed does have the right to not accept a certain fix, but the problem now is that when they decide it's not good enough other people might still feel ok with using that certain fix instead of living with the bug.

As the situation is today you would have to look into 6 or more community branches and combine them yourselves.

This is what my "bugfix" community branch proposal should fix. One place for all community fixes to be properly integrated and tested. The idea is to create a very attractive branch for Tiny to go pick solutions from, so they can cherrypick and integrate it into their "stable" version at their leisure.

If they neglect to backport fixes from the bugfix to the stable branch people will then more and more rely on the bugfix branch and the darwinian process should emerge then.

Regards,
Niels 'Red15' Huylebroeck

Met vriendelijke groet,

*Veritos - Open Source Business Solutions
Jan Verlaan CPIM*

Telefoon

:+31 (0)487 57 3961

Fax

:+31 (0)487 57 3906

Postadres

:Secretaris Janssenstraat 10

6624AD HEEREWAARDEN

Internet

:http://www.veritos.nl <http://www.veritos.nl/>

*** Disclaimer ***
Deze e-mail met eventuele bijlagen is alleen bestemd voor de persoon of organisatie aan wie hij gericht is en in voorkomend geval, alleen voor het daarin opgegeven doel of gebruik. Deze email kan vertrouwelijke informatie bevatten en/of persoonlijke standpunten die niet noodzakelijkerwijs met die van Veritos overeenkomen. Elk gebruik van deze informatie (zoals bewerken, doorsturen, geheel of gedeeltelijk reproduceren of verspreiden in welke vorm ook) door anderen dan de geadresseerde, is verboden. Hebt U deze e-mail per vergissing ontvangen, meld dat dan a.u.b. aan Veritos en wis de e-mail.