On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 10:28 PM, Niels Huylebroeck <red15...@gmail.com>wrote:

> 2010/1/22 Raphaël Valyi <rva...@gmail.com>
>
> 5) Finally, yes, helping CampToCamp to build a decent testuite with
>> OERPScenario https://launchpad.net/oerpsenario is a large part of the
>> solution.
>>
>> Yes, I believe good testing is critical, but how professional does it look
> when there is a typo in the project name ?

Yep, I told them since the beginning, I hope they still change that, else
they are just doing no better than Tiny we always bashed because of their
poor English. We all have to raise the bar and show the example. However,
the project is using top notch futurist tech and it's really efficient, user
friendly, so I suggest you consider it.

>> Last minute: there are some good news, read what marketting can achieve:
>> http://fptiny.blogspot.com/2010/01/sun-openerp-partnership.html
>>
>> Loved that one, looks very professional, just wondering how brown nosed
> the marketing people are at Tiny now :-D

Well, at least the marketing people are the coders/ERP architect. Luckily
Tiny is not like say Openbravo, they barely had a single salesman and I
think that's great to keep it to the bare low minimum in the open source
wold. When I see this, I'm just afraid:
http://www.talend.com/open-source-provider/board.php
or
http://www.openbravo.com/about-us/board-directors/
How can marginally valuable open source projects dare to claim they can both
be open source (eg open to competitive forks) and still feed all that non
productive fat?
Here, I'm sorry, but I only see bubbles about to burst like the dotcom
one. At least, we can tell what we want, Tiny never made that error and for
that I think they will succeed, no matter how immature their amateur
management looked whereas it was very wise not to invest in better
management/sale. Now that they are getting bigger, I think they can afford
to address that issue a bit better though.

All right, good week end too, we made great advances on the Brazilian
localization todays we the generic modules we announced like 2 weeks ago, we
will soon blog about them again.