Sharoon,

i think you hit with your doubts the hart of this discussion. At least several community members I spoke in the Netherlands have the same doubts together with most of the others here in the mailinglist. The rest of the discussion held is about a possible solution to overcome these doubts.

As Tiny does not respond (yet) to our concerns, some of you have already a privately maintained branch en others are thinking about setting up a , resulting in having one community maintained branch that will be more stable as the Tiny one. I propose to discus further on the work involved to establish a separated branch, what are the pro and cons, what rules we want to introduce in maintaining a branch.

As mentioned in previous mails when we do branch-off, I expect that Tiny will not commit many more updates/fixes to their stable branch and we will stand more or less alone. I guess they will merge our bugfixes in there own private branch and trunk only. Why would Tiny put efforts in the stable branch when the community branch-off and doesn't use it? Resulting in that we are alone then. I hope everyone who wants to branch-off as a solution to the un-stability of the stable, is aware of the work involved, not only maintaining a branch, but also maintaining the community itself, with all rules and communication efforts needed. If we mis-judge this work and/or not willing to spend our time to make it successful , we will definitely run into the same trouble where Tiny is in now.

Still I hope Tiny will respond to this discussion with a answer that solves our main problem, a stable branch that is stable and where the community is involved in maintaining the branch.

With kinds regards,
Jan Verlaan