On Saturday 23 January 2010, Raphaël Valyi wrote:
> Sorry, but last counter-example of this is less than 10 minutes ago,
> Syleam vetoing again one more merge proposal:
Some, totally subjective, thoughts:
- Patch rejection is good. I've enjoyed working in projects where a patch will
be rejected if there is a spelling mistake in the commit description. That
keeps quality standards high.
- Patch acceptance shouldn't be driven by personal favours (I like that
partner, I accept their patches..) or we screw the project.
- Extra addons may be the way to go. Perhaps, one huge repo for both mature,
essential addons and those that have partial use, will always keep us in
versioning dillemata. In fact, 5.2 supports multiple addons paths, remember?
OTOH, when an addon moves from "extra" to "normal", it's hard to preserve its
source versioning history, bad. Surely, non-trivial.

- Notice that I'm talking about /patches/.