On Fri, 14 May 2010 22:39:19 -0300
angelo <ang...@angeste.com.br> wrote:

> Antonio Ospite escreveu:
> >
> > Hi Angelo, if you know what kernel version you need you could try
> > getting it from the git repository itself by grepping through the
> > history. Give us more details.
> >
> > If instead a simple patch is needed to make your SD work, maybe we could
> > consider adding it to our repository so you can track the latest kernel
> > version.
[...]
> Hi Antonio.
>
> In reality i tried to compile a linux kernel with the openezx patches,i
> tried to compile the 2.6.24 version,i can compile successfully,but my
> kernel  do not recognize the rootfs on the sd card,show error.I had
> tried one old compiled openezx kernel,it recognize the sd,and work,but
> show a error to append the correct location of rootfs,im my case,this
> show address  5511 for SD,but i tried to edit boot-options on
> menu.lst,to place the correct location,on line root=5517,but no effects
> appear.

Ok, two different issues, card detection and rootfs location, we'd
better not mix them for now, focus on the first one.

Where did you get the working kernel? How is it named? Which version is
it? On the non-working kernel, which error is printed? I mean the exact
error message.

Then a stupid question, have you tried with a different card?

About rootfs location, print the exact message the working kernel gives
you about the 5511 address.

> Then i realized that re-compile the kernel with this
> modification,but i dont found the source code. Can you give me a
> download link,or a patch for arrange this problem?

The openezx kernel can be found on http://git.openezx.org/openezx.git
building instructions are on
http://wiki.openezx.org/Kernel_hacking_-_linux-2.6

>  I is on a project of port Android Linux for the A1200 EZX Phone,but
> this error kill me !!! :)

Cool project. Keep us posted.

> Thank you.
>
> Angelo