Thomas Beale wrote:

>>A fund would then make sense to support these.
>>But I would like to postpone this discussion to the day when need arises.
>>

>doesn't the fact of paying the same number but in your own currency fix
>this? E.g. 50AUD, 50M$, 50Euro, 50rupiah, 50USD, 50yuan etc? But Tim
>seems to be saying start with e.g. 50AUD and convert this to all the
>other currencies?
>
>My early concern (either way) would be the cost & resources of
>accounting, $ transfer & processing etc. Even if the supposed income
>covers the $-cost, will it realistically cover the human cost? Who will
>do all this?
>
>- thomas

My apologies for some "confusion" that relates to the membership fee.
When we made changes to the drafts of the constitution, we made some
drastic changes in relation to using the currencies of the different
countries. William Lauesen drew my attention to the complexities using
different currencies and he gave examples of them. We then took a change
in approach by using the USD as reference currency but vary the amounts
according to the countries' HDI status to address the issue of equity.
The latest copy of the constitution that is available in the openhealth
yahoogroups' file section provides for such changes. Incidently there
are no annual fees charged for all categories of membership, even though
we toyed with the idea of charging annual membership fees for the
corporate members in our earlier drafts. We tried to simplify all
processes for better management of OSHCA.

Molly

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS