Dr Molly Cheah wrote:
> What Tim's response is what I was eluding to. Here's the relevant
> article in the constitution.
>

> *6.1 - * The Committee shall prescribe a list of equitable membership
> entrance fee for different countries based on the UNDP’s 2005 Human
> Development Index (HDI) of the country. The entrance fee payable for
> membership shall be as follows (refer to List of Countries by HDI):-
>
> *6.1.1 - Ordinary member*
>
> Countries with High HDI USD10.00
>
> Countries with Medium HDI USD5.00
>
> Countries with Low HDI USD2.50
>

> *6.1.2. - Associate member*
>
>                      1.
>
>                         *- Civil Societies & Professional bodies*
>
> Countries with High HDI USD20.00
>
> Countries with Medium HDI USD10.00
>
> Countries with Low HDI USD5.00
>
>                      2.
>
>                         *- Corporations*
>
> Countries with High HDI USD100.00
>
> Countries with Medium HDI USD50.00
>
> Countries with Low HDI USD25.00
>

> *6.2 - * There shall be no monthly subscription payable. However,
> members are encouraged to donate to specific projects as and when necessary.
>

> We've actually made the entrance fees very very affordable. These
> figures can be increased in subsequent amendments. However, as there is
> provision for donations and also special levies for projects, we can use
> those provisions for increasing contributions.

OK. Sorry for suggesting membership fees rather higher than those which
Molly proposes. I have forgotten the password for the Yahoo username
which I used to subscribe to this list, so I have been unable to examine
the draft constitution documents as yet - I have re-applied to join the
list with a fresh username (no, there is no way to recover my password,
since I used fake details to register which I no longer recall - I
wouldn't trust Yahoo with any real personal details).

Anyway, we can discuss the level of the fees further at the inaugural
meeting - I think Molly's proposed fees are a bit too low.

Tim C