Some last minute suggestions.

ARTICLE 1 - NAME

The Organisation shall be known as Open Source Health Care Alliance,
hereafter referred to as "OSCHA", and shall be registered in Malaysia.

ARTICLE 3 - CHAPTERS

Why is South America omitted?   This collection of regions seems
complex.   The boundaries between regions is not obvious from the
text.  Why not use the same 6 global regions as FIFA?

ARTICLE 5 - MEMBERSHIP

5.2  -  The Committee when rejecting an application SHALL provide a
reason.

ARTICLE 8 -  COMMITTEE

9.8  -  In the event of the death or resignation of a member of the
Committee, the Committee shall have the power to APPOINT any other
member of OSHCA to fill the vacancy until the next annual general
meeting, but the member shall have the right to decline to be
appointed to the Committee without resigning from OSHCA.

ARTICLE 11 - FINANCIAL PROVISIONS

11.2  -  change "any officer or servant of OSHCA" to "any officer of
OSHCA or other volunteer"

ARTICLE 14 - INTERPRETATION

14.2  --  (improved wording)  Except when contrary to or inconsistent
with a policy previously established by a general meeting,  decisions
of the Committee shall be binding on all members of OSHCA unless or
until countermanded by a resolution at a general meeting.

ARTICLE 16 - PROHIBITIONS

16.4  -  I don't understand this.   Are Malaysian students who are
over 21 prohibited from joining OSHCA unless they have prior written
approval from the University?

ARTICLE 17 - AMENDMENTS

I would like to see a requirement that the exact wording of any
constitutional amendment must circulated ahead of a meeting.   I fear
the opportunity for the general meeting to compose and pass a
constitutional amendment without prior circulation to the larger
membership.

Respectfully submitted,

[wr]

- - - - - - - -

On Apr 21, 2006, at 10:07 AM, Molly Cheah wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I would like to announce the following:
> 1) 25th April 2006 will be the OSHCA Inaugural Meeting Day. The
> form for
> participating in the inaugural meeting will be uploaded to the files
> section of this list by 24th April. I will provide the procedures for
> participating in this inaugural meeting by tomorrow as we need to
> finalise the representation for Latin America & Caribbean which is
> still
> outstanding.
> 2. The proposed OSHCA constitution (latest copy includes the OSHCA
> logo
> under Article 19), the OSHCA regions list and the OSHCA  country
> list by
> HDI (Human Development Index) are now available for you to
> download. The
> regions list essentially provides information of the region your
> country
> belongs to. Article 6 of the constitution provides for membership fees
> which is based on the principles of equity and affordability and
> the HDI
> list gives information on which category your country belongs to in
> the
> HDI list.
>
> Please note that the protem committee had gone through 7 drafts of the
> constitution which was also made available on this list for 7 days for
> comments. However, the constitution itself is a living document.
>
> For the purpose of registering OSHCA all those who wish to be OSHCA
> members need to agree to the constitution, agree to the resolutions
> (this will be uploaded by the 24th April) and provide minimal personal
> information all of which will be made available in the said form.
>
> As preparatory to the process, I suggest that you look through the
> constitution to familiarize with the Articles to understand your
> commitment if you chose to be a member of OSHCA.
>
> Rgds,
> Molly
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

[wr]

- - - - - - - -

will ross
project manager
mendocino informatics
216 west perkins street, suite 206
ukiah, california  95482  usa
707.462.6369 [office]
707.462.5015 [fax]
www.minformatics.com

"Getting people to adopt common standards is impeded by patents."
         Sir Tim Berners-Lee,  BCS, 2006

Software distribution Salon software Medical software
Software association Software jewelry Software deployment

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS