Thomas Beale wrote:
> Tim Churches wrote:
>> I think a more correct assertion would be that data without metadata are
>> not very useful, and that is analogous to saying that medical data
>> stored in an openEHR system are not useful without access to the
>> archetype definition used to store them. Which is why I have been trying
>> to elucidate the precise licensing of the openEHR archetype definitions.
>>

> The licensing on openEHR software is pretty clear and I imagine
> uncontroversial  - namely the Mozilla tri-license of GPL/LGPL/MPL. The
> other licenses for use of documentary materials may or may not need
> revision, and of course we are happy to take advice on this. The current
> versions (http://www.openehr.org/about_openehr/t_licensing.htm) were
> drafted by UCL's legal department, and possibly have an academic
> flavour. They are also some years old now. If you want to criticise
> these, go ahead, but please provide constructive criticism that we can
> actually use.

Thomas,
I provided fairly extensive, and I thought constructive, criticism on
the licenses which you indicated (and which teh openEHR web site seems
to suggest) apply to openEHR archetype definitions, which are not
software. As far as I can divine, based on your previous statement and
what it says on the Web site, openEHR archetypes are not licensed under
the GPL/LGPL/Mozilla triple license, but rather under the
openEHR-specific licenses discussed at length in previous posts to this
list.

Is that correct or incorrect. It does actually matter.

Tim C