Will Ross wrote:
> John,
>
> In this use case, the record is not held by the health care site
> where the patient's confidential information is secure and private,
> but in a community repository operated by a Regional Health
> Information Organization (RHIO).   Operating edge proxies which host
> access to uploaded copies of patient records, the RHIO seeks an
> appropriate compromise between routine access to patient health data
> and protection of sensitive information.   Unfortunately, the
> originating records combine both routine and sensitive patient
> information in a monolithic free text format, hence the search for an
> appropriate NLP scrubbing step prior to export.
>
> Did I answer your question?

Thank you for your response, Will.

I fear I am being intentionally obtuse. But I get stuck at this
distinction between routine access and sensitive information. Perhaps
the RHIO gets to define the distinction? I think others have pointed out
that one person may consider information sensitive that another may
regard as routine, or even public.

I will withdraw to learn more about the RHIO.  :-)

regards,
JohnLeoZ