Nandalal,

I believe you are exactly right.   In the case of this interesting
problem the key issue is to identify the appropriate middleware
services to safely expose legacy patient data.   This is a different
problem from the opportunity to create structured and coded data as
new systems with rich onboard permissions and are brought on line.

With best regards,

[wr]

- - - - - - - -

On Mar 3, 2007, at 2:02 AM, Nandalal Gunaratne wrote:

> Thanks Ross!
>
> Due to your question i have come to know the present
> state of text mining and NLP. These will give you your
> solution I guess.
>
> http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?
> id=1089824&dl=acm&coll=&CFID=15151515&CFTOKEN=6184618
>
> nandalal
> --- Will Ross <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Dear 80n,
>>
>> This is, in fact, the use case in discussion.
>>
>> Assume the patient has agreed to suppress "detail x"
>> from circulation
>> beyond his/her physician's eyes in the local free
>> text based records
>> system.   What are the best FOSS tools to publish to
>> the general
>> circulation records environment a correctly edited
>> version of a text
>> file?
>>
>> With best regards,
>>
>> [wr]
>>
>> - - - - - - - -
>>
>> On Mar 2, 2007, at 4:08 PM, 80n wrote:
>>
>>> Will
>>> The only acceptable answer would be Maury's option
>> 3.  The patient
>>> decides.
>>> Anything else would be be inappropriate.
>>>
>>> And not just HIV status.  The patient, and only
>> the patient, should
>>> have the
>>> right to determine who has access to anything that
>> the patient might
>>> consider sensitive.   And only the patient can
>> determine what is or
>>> is not
>>> sensitive.
>>>
>>> 80n

>> information (e.g., HIV
>> to allowing the
>> physician-only area into
>> clinic. What existing

>> impeded by patents."

>>> [Non-text portions of this message have been
>> removed]
>>>

>>> ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
>> --------------------
>>> ~-->
>>> Yahoo! Groups gets a make over. See the new email
>> design.
>>>

> http://us.click.yahoo.com/hOt0.A/lOaOAA/yQLSAA/W4wwlB/TM

>> [wr]
>>
>> - - - - - - - -
>>
>> will ross
>> chief information officer
>> mendocino health records exchange
>> 216 west perkins street, suite 206
>> ukiah, california  95482  usa
>> 707.462.6369 [office]
>> 707.462.5015 [fax]
>> www.mendocinohre.org
>>
>> - - - - - - - -
>>
>> "Getting people to adopt common standards is impeded
>> by patents."
>>      Sir Tim Berners-Lee,  BCS,  2006

> The fish are biting.
> http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/arp/sponsoredsearch_v2.php

> ~-->
> Something is new at Yahoo! Groups.  Check out the enhanced email
> [...]

[wr]