Hi,

Wow!  I barely hit return on my email and the patch was in my
inbox!! :-)

I made a couple of adjustments to the patch to make my compiler happy.
In the ipmi_smi_watcher_register() routine, I deleted the "&" on
to_deliver; also, I added GFP_KERNEL as a second arg to kmalloc:

int ipmi_smi_watcher_register(struct ipmi_smi_watcher *watcher)
{
        ipmi_smi_t intf;
-       struct list_head to_deliver = LIST_HEAD_INIT(&to_deliver);
+       struct list_head to_deliver = LIST_HEAD_INIT(to_deliver);

        struct watcher_entry *e, *e2;

        mutex_lock(&ipmi_interfaces_mutex);

        list_for_each_entry_rcu(intf, &ipmi_interfaces, link) {
                if (intf->intf_num == -1)
                        continue;

-               e = kmalloc(sizeof(*e));
+               e = kmalloc(sizeof(*e), GFP_KERNEL);

                if (!e)
                        goto out_err;
                e->intf_num = intf->intf_num;
                list_add_tail(&e->link, &to_deliver);
        }

I ran it on my 2-node system and it seemed to work as well as the
previous table-oriented patched version (e.g. great! :-).  I'm still
working on getting an 8-node to test it on -- hopefully I'll get one
next week.

Thanks very much again,  :-)

Carol Hebert