Hi August,

> "I think we already do multiple active cameras?"
>
> More precisely: simultaneous viewing from different points of view into a
> single 3D scene graph was meant, i.e. several cameras are attached to one
> scene graph.
> A SubScene has exactly one camera attached which renders the associated scene
> graph into the corresponding SubScene's rectangle. Implementing simultaneous
> viewing requires a cloned 3D scene graph for the second, third, and so on
> SubScene/Camera. Material, Mesh, and Image objects can be re-used because
> they are shareable. Animations of Nodes' Transforms seem to be shareable as
> well. But Transitions (Rotate, Scale, Translate) have to be cloned because
> they operate on a Node's methods directly. So, simultaneous viewing seems
> practicable.

Jasper or Kevin will have to comment, but I know this scenario was talked about
extensively in the design for the renderToImage and cameras, and I thought this
was possible today.

> "Key/ mouse / touch / etc should be there already?"
> Scene navigation and model interaction are often the first stumbling blocks
> for developers with less 3D experience. A ready to go rotate, zoom, and drag
> support including setting of arbitrary pivot points and adjustment of the
> camera's clipping planes would overcome one's inhibitions.

I see

> "Node's properties and methods"
>
> Before I agree with all of your appraisals I would like to gain more
> experiences with their 3D related implementations. For instance I wasn't
> successful so far assigning a cursor to a Shape3D or receiving response from
> any 'setOnMouseXXX' method.

Yes, please do try it out, it should be working and if not please do file a
bug. We use a pick-ray for determining which nodes to pick, and then deliver
mouse events to 3D and 2D nodes the same way.

Thanks!
Richard