Yes, that is still the approach. The challenge isn't just strictly on rendering. Let's take picking a "shared" node as an example. Imagine this node is in a scenegraph viewed by more than 1 camera. The question is where do we hang the set picked information. There is some level of "cloning" needed within JavaFX if we want to free application developer from doing it.

- Chien