On Thu, 19 Dec 2019 15:48:17 GMT, Jeanette Winzenburg <faste...@openjdk.org>
wrote:

>> The point of having this GC-magic in a library is, that it's verified by the
>> library that it's implementation is stable for all common JavaVersions. The
>> attemptGC is basically bad practice. I think in the JavaFX-Codebase this
>> kind of GC-Tests are invented about 10 times. No one knows which of these
>> implementations are stable and their code is usually unreadable. I know it,
>> I have done it multiple times.
>>
>> Copying to Infrastructure would be fine for me. It removes some benefits,
>> like easy upgrades, Travis-verified implementation etc. But it's probably
>> the best short-term solution.
>
> probably not  invented so often - just c&p'd from searches of occurances of
> System.gc ;-)

Yes, exactly.

@FlorianKirmaier Proposing to add test class to the test infrastructure would
be a reasonable alternative to pulling it in as a third-party dependency. I
recommend separating it out into its own enhancement, with a separate JBS
issue. I see that it has a dependency on the `jdk.management` module. As long
as that dependency only surfaces as a test dependency, that won't be a problem.
It would be nice if it were available to all modules, meaning that putting it
somewhere in `javafx.base` would be good.