On Tue, 4 Feb 2020 23:19:17 GMT, Kevin Rushforth <k...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> A little bit late ...
>> I have now removed unit-test and it's dependency.
>> I will add a ticket about adding them again.
>
> Rather than removing the test, I was suggesting that you create a test for
> memory leaks using the same ad hoc approach that our other memory leak tests
> use. This could later be modified to use the new GC test utility as part of
> creating that utility. The pattern used in, for example,
> [TabPaneHeaderLeakTest.java](https://github.com/openjdk/jfx/blob/master/tests/system/src/test/java/test/javafx/scene/control/TabPaneHeaderLeakTest.java),
>  works well enough, even though it repeats a fair amount of boilerplate code.

I've now readded the unit-test. It based on the "InitialNodesMemoryLeakTest".

Command to execute: `./gradlew -PFULL_TEST=true -PUSE_ROBOT=true
:systemTests:test --tests test.javafx.scene.control.ProgressIndicatorLeakTest`

It's now part of the systemtests, because the memory-semantics for the tests in
controls is changed due to the TestToolkit.