On Fri, 9 Feb 2024 01:33:20 GMT, John Hendrikx <jhendr...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> My theory is now that how the wrap width of the `Text` node is updated is not
> entirely legal (I posted on the mailinglist to see if anyone can remember how
> this is supposed to work when you update a value (that may cause layout
> changes) based on a property that is already changed by layout code).

I tested this now by using a `Label` instead of `Text`, setting the
`ScrollPane` to `setFitToWidth(true)`, removing the `Group` around the `Label`,
and removing the binding that updates wrapping width (which `Label` doesn't
have).  A horizontal scroll bar now never appears, and the text seems to always
perfectly fit (aside from side bearings which sometimes fall outside the
bounds, especially noticeable with italic fonts -- this is considered normal
though).

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1236#issuecomment-1935639938