On Thu, 24 Sep 2026 08:38:42 GMT, Christopher Schnick <[email protected]> 
wrote:

> This enables the important few print statements by default. Printing directly 
> to stderr isn't a good design, but the class already does this anyway while 
> omitting the important info on failures.
> 
> I used this post as a motivation: 
> https://www.reddit.com/r/javahelp/comments/1w5bqky/jpackage_is_not_working/
> 
> For reproduction, I ran a simple JavaFX application using the SDK libs and 
> renamed a few of them until the dynamic lib loader failed and the pipelines 
> failed.
> 
> ---------
> - [x] I confirm that I make this contribution in accordance with the [OpenJDK 
> Interim AI Policy](https://openjdk.org/legal/ai).

modules/javafx.graphics/src/main/java/com/sun/javafx/tk/quantum/QuantumRenderer.java
 line 91:

> 89:                     String MSG = "Error initializing QuantumRenderer: no 
> suitable pipeline found";
> 90:                     System.err.println(MSG);
> 91:                     System.err.println("Run with -Dprism.verbose=true for 
> details");

Doesn't the change in GraphicsPipeline:187 make this message unnecessary?

modules/javafx.graphics/src/main/java/com/sun/prism/GraphicsPipeline.java line 
187:

> 185:         if (PrismSettings.tryOrder.isEmpty()) {
> 186:             // if no pipelines specified just return null
> 187:             System.err.println("No Prism pipelines specified");

a big assumption on the user knowing what "prism" is.
suggestion:
`System.err.println("No graphics pipelines specified");`

-------------

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/2322#discussion_r4095473563
PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/2322#discussion_r4095454878

Reply via email to