On Thu, 24 Sep 2026 15:39:33 GMT, Andy Goryachev <[email protected]> wrote:

>> This enables the important few print statements by default. Printing 
>> directly to stderr isn't a good design, but the class already does this 
>> anyway while omitting the important info on failures.
>> 
>> I used this post as a motivation: 
>> https://www.reddit.com/r/javahelp/comments/1w5bqky/jpackage_is_not_working/
>> 
>> For reproduction, I ran a simple JavaFX application using the SDK libs and 
>> renamed a few of them until the dynamic lib loader failed and the pipelines 
>> failed.
>> 
>> ---------
>> - [x] I confirm that I make this contribution in accordance with the 
>> [OpenJDK Interim AI Policy](https://openjdk.org/legal/ai).
>
> modules/javafx.graphics/src/main/java/com/sun/javafx/tk/quantum/QuantumRenderer.java
>  line 91:
> 
>> 89:                     String MSG = "Error initializing QuantumRenderer: no 
>> suitable pipeline found";
>> 90:                     System.err.println(MSG);
>> 91:                     System.err.println("Run with -Dprism.verbose=true 
>> for details");
> 
> Doesn't the change in GraphicsPipeline:187 make this message unnecessary?

You can still get more information with the verbose switch, which helps with 
troubleshooting

-------------

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/2322#discussion_r4096109536

Reply via email to