On February 27, 2018 1:10:19 AM PST, Antonio Borneo <borneo.anto...@gmail.com>
wrote:
>Regarding your proposal to get rid of the write algorithm, I'm a
>little sceptical it is not needed.
>I would like to see the optimized direct programming code and get some
>performance measurement before going for it.

Sure. Do you want to see this on Zylin, or somewhere else?

As for performance, I have two data points so far.

First, using a ByteBlaster clone, I was able to achieve about 6 kilobytes per
second using the algorithm and about 10 using optimized direct programming (the
original direct code got about 3).

Second, using an Olimex ARM-USB-TINY-H (FTDI-based), I had to reduce the JTAG
clock *massively* in order to get the algorithm approach to even work at all
(otherwise it would see a mix of timeout waiting for algorithm and debug
regions unpowered), but optimized direct programming at the default 2 MHz JTAG
clock got me 30 kilobytes per second, much more than the algorithm approach at
the reduced clock speed.

Both of the above tests were made at 16× parallelism. Repeating the Olimex test
with the optimized direct code at 32× parallelism yielded 84 kilobytes per
second.

All of the above numbers came from program commands, which means they are lower
than the raw programming speed because they include the time take for erasing
in the total time and throughout numbers. In all cases I used program with the
verify option to make sure the data was correct. My sample was about half a meg
of data.

--
Christopher Head