On Thu, Apr 30, 2020 at 3:51 AM Antonio Borneo <borneo.anto...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Yes,riscv target does not define the function get_gdb_arch(), so
> cannot send the arch value to gdb.
> This should be easy to fix, but there are so many variants of riscv
> that I don't know how to correctly implement it.
>
> Tim,
> any suggest or patch to fix this?

In newer versions of gdb from git://sourceware.org/git/binutils-gdb.git
this just works. I happen to be using 85f783647061e5 but this was fixed a
long time (year?) ago.

I didn't realize get_gdb_arch() existed. I filed
https://github.com/riscv/riscv-openocd/issues/470 to track this, but I
don't expect to get to it anytime soon. It should be a pretty
straightforward fix, though, if anybody is looking to get their feet wet in
OpenOCD.

Tim