On May 15, 2009, at 11:49 AM, Nicolas Pitre wrote:

On Fri, 15 May 2009, David Brownell wrote:

I'd also like to see a brief update about why this list
adopts the unusual "send as an attachment" policy.

Because one of the maintainer uses Windows and applying patches with cut
and paste doesn't work so well?

FWIW, I consider patches in attachment annoying as well.

Nicolas

Attachments are annoying, but they avoid lots of odd issues that crop up when email clients get too eager to help. Things like trailing spaces and tab to space conversion tends to happen. Attachments are preserved much better in general.

--
Rick Altherr
kc8...@kc8apf.net

"He said he hadn't had a byte in three days. I had a short, so I split it with him."
 -- Unsigned