On Sunday 24 May 2009, SimonQian wrote:
> I have developped JTAG support for MSP430 in versaloon, as I know, JTAG
> chain of MSP430 isn't standard JTAG. So I don't think it possible to support
> MSP430 in OpenOCD.

Could you summarize how msp430 is non-standard?

I know that msp430 -- as well as the C200 microcontrollers -- can
be programmed using an ft2232c based "XDS100" [1] adapter.  Which is
certainly self-described as a JTAG adapter ... albeit one that
also controls the EMU0 and EMU1 outputs that TI likes.

So I'd kind of thought that any differences between MSP430 and
other JTAGs are more at the level of minor goofage than anything
very significant.  Like maybe problems co-existing on standard
JTAG scan chains.

- Dave

[1] http://tiexpressdsp.com/wiki/index.php?title=XDS100