2009/5/26 Michel Catudal <michelcatu...@gmail.com>:
> Then Fedora 9 should work for you if my Ubuntu script is not complete for
> that. I know it will compile on Fedora 9 but not sure yet on Ubuntu.
> I will have the binary and source by week end.

Thanks a lot. I will take a look. I have a starter kit for XE166 but
I have not used it. Infineon CAN parts (C167 and 8051) used to
be popular here but not any more since ARM takes over.

>>> I do have GCC for Renesas as well. If someone needs it I would need to
>>> recompile it under the new systems.
>>> Last I worked with it was with Fedora 8. I do have the latest source for
>>> Renesas.
>
> I may have this one done by next week but not certain. Before I put it up I
> have to make sure the package compiles good. I don't have a script made
> for Ubuntu but I should be able to adapt my arm script for it. The
> difference for compilation are minor. Do you need C++ or not?

No I do not need C++. What I am more interested is the one
for R8C/M16C/M32C.

> If some preference is made on one over the other I would suggest to put
> more importance on the AVR32 devices not targeted for Linux as they are
> the likely devices to be use for most small embedded designs. Unlike the
> bigger AVR32 devices they do not require uboot but require some form of
> JTAG debugging much like ARM7 or cortex devices.

Agreed.

> Parallel designs should be in place. I am very interested in having a
> PIC32 debug working and am spending time on this effort. I will not
> present any patches until I get something
> working to my satisfaction. I would like to be informed though if anyone
> else is working on it so we can exchange ideas.

Thanks for the information.

--
Xiaofan http://mcuee.blogspot.com