On Sun, 2009-06-21 at 23:15 +0200, Freddie Chopin wrote:
> Zach Welch pisze:
> > Fix the problems with libusb and libfdti.  Period.
>
> This is starting to get ridiculous... As I already wrote somewhere - I
> really would like to, but... I cannot. I'm not a PC programmer, in fact
> I'm a newbie in embedded world too, so - sorry, I won't fix libftdi and
> libusb, because that is simply beyond me. Period.
>
> See it that way: I have no interest in OpenOCD being popular. I can
> build my own executable and that will use ftd2xx until open-sources will
> be equivalent (they are currently not, so...). In fact, that is all I
> really need. I see that most of developers here do not care about
> OpenOCD popularity either... CrossWorks is cheap and provides full and
> fast support for FT2232 chips via ftd2xx. I bet that it's cheaper than
> your time to fix libftdi and libusb. RIDE, Keil and IAR have free
> versions with support for limited code size. That will do for many users.
>
> You are effectivelly killing OpenOCD for Windows, you just don't want to
> see that right now. Fine. It's your decision... If you want to write
> code just for yourself that's also fine for me.

Bullshit.  What is effectively killing OpenOCD for Windows is the fact
that you and others would rather bitch about the situation than do
anything about it.

If you cannot write code, then you need to convince (or pay) other
developers to fix it.  If all of OpenOCD's users chipped in, I bet each
of you would pay less than any commercial alternative.

I just posted two confirmations of legal alternatives, of which I have
been aware since before these threads started.

You are spreading FUD.   Please.  Stop.  Now.

Cheers,

Zach