solutions.

So this is about *forcing* people/companies to pay in order to get open
source projects fixed. (This is just a statement for clarification. It
is not a judgement in any way!).

> I have offered my services repeatedly to those who need it to help
> resolve this situation with technical solutions.  Instead, I am being
> asked to give up my GPL copyright claims on the work that I have done,
> without any compensation.  Are you kidding me?  Under what obligation
am
> I required to help others that project from violating the GPL license?

I think Magnus has a good point in saying that the exception for the
FTDxx is already there. Not everything needs to be in writing in order
to make it legal. If you allow something long enough then you are
granting an extra right you can't suddenly revoke.

I can see this going two ways:
1) adding the tcp/ip / named pipes interface which will allow connection
to any closed source driver
2) grant *one* single explicit exception for the FTDxx driver

Pick your poison :-)))

Nico Coesel